From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

string to ID array

How to simply convert string in to 1D array?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,344 Views)

There are many ways.  And it all completely depends on the format of yoru data.  Do you have any examples of data that you have and then what your array should look like?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,341 Views)

Please see below attached image:

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,324 Views)

Joseph,

Please explain how your image would help the original poster.  It doesn't make any sense to me.

Message 4 of 9
(3,316 Views)

We really need an example of the string you have and how you want it to look after.  Put a string on the FP with the text you get next to an array (also on the FP) of what you want the end result to be.  More than one example would be even better.

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
Message 5 of 9
(3,311 Views)

I have two thing which i need to do separately:

1) I need to convert the output of "Sound input read.vi" in to string.

2) I need to convert the string in to the input of  "Sound output write.vi" 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,297 Views)

Why do you need it to be a string?  Please explain what exactly you are trying to do.

GCentral
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,278 Views)

I want to do UDP read and write. Both of them need string.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,259 Views)

@josephkirmani wrote:

I want to do UDP read and write. Both of them need string.

Ok, now things are making sense.  Use the Flatten To String before sending the data through the UDP.  On the UDP Read, use the Unflatten From String.  There is an input of that node to tell it the data type to convert to.

GCentral
Message 9 of 9
(3,246 Views)