LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

string analysis - flag recognition

Hi,

I am writing an application, that will collect data from a smartphone such as acceloremeter, magnetometer readings, RSSIs of available wifi networks etc. and present it on a graph in real time. I have allready written an Android client which sends the data through TCP connection, however the server should be created in Labview and I have problem with that.

I've managed to modify some tutorial VIs to receive server that displays every message on the screen. Unfortunatelly I have no idea how to handle the received string in LV. 

Here is how it looks in Java:

clientTCP.sendMessage(",t" + timeStamp.get());
clientTCP.sendMessage(",w" + wifiReport);
clientTCP.sendMessage(",a" + aXYZ[0] + " " + aXYZ[1] + " "  + aXYZ[2]);
clientTCP.sendMessage(",m" + mXYZ[0] + " " + mXYZ[1] + " "  + mXYZ[2]);
clientTCP.sendMessage(",e" + azimuth);

I send multiple strings with appropriate flag and want the server to handle each message in different way. How can I achieve that?

I uploaded also my server VI, I guess it's done unprofesionally 😉 How can I keep the history of received messages, because now server displays the message for a short time and than it dissapears. Such history would be great help in debugging.

Regards,

Tomasz Wróbel

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,353 Views)

Hi wrodzel,

to create a "history" you just use ConcatString and a shift register. (You know LabVIEW stores data in wires and shift registers, don't you?)

Your subVI "mask_er_56" is missing. Can you present the received string instead of the JAVA routine producing it?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,336 Views)