cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

strict type def cohesion dot

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

Can some one tell me why the cohesion dot appears on the "Commands Out Array 2" indicator?  I was going through the CLD preparation and tried to make a cluster to match the Commands Out Array indicator (my attempt is Data Cluster_1.ctl).  The top part half of the VI is taken from the solution, and the bottom half is the cluster I tried to create.  

Can you tell me what is the difference between the two type defs?

Is there a procedure to create a type def cluster to match the indicator that is given (Commands Out Array indicator)?

Thanks,

hiNi

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 16
(3,131 Views)

Here are the missing files

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 16
(3,129 Views)

I don't see a coersion dot on mine. If the array is of the same type as the the cluster in the for-loop (which it is for me), then there shouldn't be a dot. Here's what I see:

coersiondot.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 16
(3,121 Views)

First of all, it is COERSION dot.

Secondly, two type defs are different.  They may have the exact same data inside, but they are defined in different places.  Therefore, you get a coersion dot.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 4 of 16
(3,120 Views)
Oh, you posted missing files while I was typing. Let me look now...
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 16
(3,117 Views)

what crossrulz says is correct. doesn't matter if the data types inside the clusters are the same, the controls are defined in different places.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 16
(3,108 Views)

Are the ctl files normally given in the CLD exams? 

Thanks,

hiNI.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 16
(3,098 Views)

I figured this is where the conversation was headed.  To be honest, I don't remember, and you shouldn't really care.  If they aren't, make them.  If they are, use them.  🙂

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 16
(3,090 Views)

As mentioned above, if I make it myself, will there be a penality if the COERSION dot appears?

Thanks,

hiNI.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16
(3,087 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author hiNI

@hiNI wrote:

As mentioned above, if I make it myself, will there be a penality if the COERSION dot appears?

Thanks,

hiNI.

Possibly.  Assuming no ctl files are given, my advice would be to make the front panel items type defs (right-click->Make Type Def).

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 10 of 16
(3,084 Views)