cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

storing data output from while loop

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I have a data acquisistion system set up to read torque from a transducer. The output needs to be fed to an excel document once the program stops running, or when a button is pressed.

with the current code, attached, the excel document is created, but only shows the most recent set of data. how do i get the array to store all of the data coming from the while loop?

Ive only been programming with labview for two weeks, so chances are this is something simple, but thanks for helping anyway.

JM

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,817 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author JonMark

To get what you are expecting, right click the array output terminal in while loop and select Enable indexing. Generally if you want to save data use queue to pass the data from inside while loop to other loop/VI and perform data logging. For everything you have examples, please make a searc in LabVIEW Help>Find examples.

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
Message 2 of 3
(2,811 Views)

thanks,

That may have solved the problem, however it will now no longer allow me to inset the array into excel, as it says the array input is 3D, but excel input has to be 2D. do you know how to solve this?

EDIT: this has been solved with indexing, thanks for your help

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,806 Views)