From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stopping web service crashes LabVIEW

Hello,

I play with an example involving web server. I just run the thing in debug mode, on port 8001. I test it on the same PC, from Firefox.

Everything works as should, however when I try to stop the Web Server, it crashes the whole LabVIEW system without error msg.

My system: Win10 x64, LV 2015 Pro 32 bit.

Steps to reproduce the crash (save all your files before you try this):

1. unzip the attached project
  2. open project file
  3. Start "Image publisher" web service
  4. Run main.vi
  5. Stop the web service.
  6. LV crashes without error.

EDIT: If I build an EXE from the project (and set port 8001), I can run and stop the exe without crashing LV. When I run the project as EXE, how is the webservice handled (started/stopped, etc)?

WebService_error1.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,161 Views)

Hello Blokk!

I wasn´t able to reproduce the behaviour. Were you able to reproduce the crash on a second computer?

I´m using LV 2015 32 bit and Win 7 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,114 Views)

Hello,

I just tested right now the project on my second PC, and it does not crash Lv (same system, LV2015 32 bit, but Win7 not Win10).

The only difference between the two PCs are Windows OS (problematic PC has Win10 x64, OK system Win7 x64).

Anyway, thanks again for the info, so it looks like the bug not reproducible...But I would be interested if you could test it too on a Win10 machine, just to see whether it is the OS, or something specific problem on my PC...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,105 Views)

Hello,
I tried to reproduce the behaviour on win 10 64 bit with LabVIEW 2015 32 bit.
The web service and the vi in the project worked like expected. i was not able to reproduce the crash

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,073 Views)

Ok, thanks, so it is only specific problem for this particular PC.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,069 Views)

Hi Blokk! 

An Upgrade to LV 2015 SP1 might help. Looks like your problem has been fixed (ID 542858)

Titel: LabVIEW 2015 SP1 Bug Fixes - National Instruments
URL: http://www.ni.com/product-documentation/53045/en/

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,004 Views)