LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stop the program

Solved!
Go to solution
I dont understand in ur program y u but F as input for the shift register ?
I read alot about shift register but i think still i dont understand how it works very will
Yea the program is a subvi from a main program
I mau need to repeat this program for other thresholds and all should work at the same time
Also i need to receive an sms from the user but i didnt search for that part yet . I want to be done from sending sms to the user . After that i will look for receiving orders from user .
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 12
(244 Views)

The protocol on this board is to avoid the use of texting abbreviations.  Please use complete words.

One good way to learn about things like the shift register is to write a simple program and run it with Execution Highlighting (the light bulb in the block diagram toolbar) turned on.

Shift Register.png

Run this several times with Highlight Execution on.  Then disconnect the constant (-2) from the left side of the shift register and run it again several times.  You will see the difference that initializing the shift register makes.

It is possible that you may not want to initialize the shift regsiter when running as a subVI.  If you do not, the previous value will still be there when the the subVI is called again.  If it is a subVI, you will not want the stop button and you may only want to run it one iteration of the loop each time a new value is available at AI0.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 12
(236 Views)