From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stop ni update service

How do I stop the NI update service from poping up; I need to stop thisdistraction?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,667 Views)

Did you try:

file --> preferences --> uncheck "periodically check for updates?"

from the updater menu?

How often does it pop up?

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,648 Views)

1. I have a computer that is classified and will never be connected to the internet. Every week I have to explain why there are so many attempts to contact the internet by NI.

2. I have the exact same NI software installed on my work computer.  For compatibility. I don't want it updated.

I need this update nonsense stopped. You said file --> preferences --> uncheck "periodically check for updates?" from the updater menu?

Where is this updater menu?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,723 Views)

@Clown wrote:

Where is this updater menu?

• Launch "NI update service"
  • File ...preferences (...accept UAC prompt)
  • uncheck "enable periodic checking" (see picture)

NIupd.png

Message 4 of 5
(3,716 Views)

... and should you need to disable the Updater Service when you install the next version of LabVIEW, don't reply "OK" (or whatever) during the last steps of Installation when it asks if you want to enable periodic checks for updates (I call this the "Ounce of Prevention" method).

Bob Schor

Message 5 of 5
(3,702 Views)