From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stepp motor

Hello LabVIEW Community,

I hope you can help me.

I really new at LabVIEW and have to do a Diploma Projekt.

In this Projekt I have to programm a Stepper Motor.

What should the Programm do:

At first i have to read in the start an endpoint where the motor should drive and should go to the startpoint.

Then after an input (whitch could be simulates) i have to give an input to an external Programm. After that the Motor should go to the Endpoint and when it is reached make again an input for the external Programm.

The next i have to do is to go back to the start and wait for an input after that i have to do the same as in the step before.

If the start and Endpoint change the motor should go there before the programm starts again.

Sorry for my bad English.

I hope you can help me with an example how to to that and what blocks i need.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,733 Views)

Hi Meierr,

general recommendation: create a state machine.

More specific recommendation: specify the motor you're using. Specify your hardware. Specify the motor driver hardware. Or in other words: provide more information!

Sprichst du deutsch? Ein "Diplom" ist doch eher im deutschsprachigen Raum üblich…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,714 Views)

Ja ich spreche deutsch 🙂

Ich habe noch keine Hardware und auch noch keinen Motor, da dieses erst später gekauft werden können. 

Trotzdem habe ich einen Linearantrieb von Festo im Auge und auch einen Schrittmotor.

Ich habe dir das Datenblatt angehängt es ist der EMMS-ST-87-SE-G2.

So weit ich weiß kann man die Hardware irgenwie simulieren.

Wäre unbeschreiblich wenn du mir Helfen könntest.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen 

meierr

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,664 Views)

Hallo Meierr,

Trotzdem habe ich einen Linearantrieb von Festo im Auge und auch einen Schrittmotor.

Im angehängten PDF findest du auch einen Motortreiber mit diversen Schnittstellen.

Wenn du Motoren von Festo haben willst, dann lass dich doch einfach dort mal beraten!

So weit ich weiß kann man die Hardware irgenwie simulieren.

Du kannst Messhardware simulieren, die von NI stammt. Aber keine Motoren von Drittherstellern…

Tipp:

Dies ist ein englischsprachiges Forum. Wenn du also weiterhin ein großen Publikum ansprechen willst, solltest du hier englisch schreiben.

Für deutschsprachige Konversation gibt es das www.Labviewforum.de !

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,620 Views)

Heey,

i don't know if you already saw thist document, but maybe it helps to get a first understanding on what is consider.

Grundlagen der Motorsteuerung - National Instruments
http://www.ni.com/white-paper/3367/de/

The NI Motion driver is in general for NI Motion products, but i still think the article is useful.

Concerning the communication with a third-party vendor is the pdf in the following link:

Community: Building Support for Third-Party Motion Drives - National Instruments
https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-17459

In general you have to decide/know with which communication protocal you want to talk to your device system, for example CANopen, Ethercat, R232, EtherNet/IP etc...

Until now I did not look through the community forums and labview.de, but i suggest you look up the communication protocol of your motor and then start looking for examples. The general structure should be similar from motor to motor.

Greetings

pfehlner

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,585 Views)

Danke für die Infos

Ich werde mich dann mal dort schlau machen 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,545 Views)