LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stationary graph

Hi,

I am very new to LabView and am having trouble right from the beginning with a graph. I am collecting data from a temperature probe and want to continously collect data. I have my graphs set up in a while loop and the graphs are collecting data fine except that the the entire line of the graph moves when temperature changes instead of previous data points staying stationary. How can I make it so that the graphed line is stationary expect for the data it is currently collecting?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,334 Views)

From the sounds of it you are generating a graph from a single point. Try replacing your graph with a chart from the same palette you found the graph in.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,332 Views)

It's always best to post your code so we don't have to guess what you're trying to do but I'm sure ogk is right.  A chart is a graph with an internal history designed to do exactly what you want.  If you look through the examples that ship with LabVIEW you will find many VIs to guide you in the basics.  Also check this out:  http://www.ni.com/academic/students/learn-labview/

BTW, the chart defaults to 1024 points of history before it starts dumping the old data off the beginning.  You can change that property with property nodes programatically or right-click the chart and set it manually.

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,316 Views)