LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

state machine

Solved!
Go to solution

It is still just a Value property.  You use the exact same data you would to set the value with a terminal.  In the case of an XY graph, it is likely a 2D array.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 21 of 27
(911 Views)

Thanks. But how can I implement that? Do I need to create two propety nodes, one for the X- and one for the Y-axis, with two separate references?

Christian

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 27
(876 Views)

Use Value and wire in a 2D array.

John M.
Message 23 of 27
(847 Views)

@christianwos wrote:

Thanks. But how can I implement that? Do I need to create two propety nodes, one for the X- and one for the Y-axis, with two separate references?

How do you wire up an XY Graph terminal?  It is EXACTLY the same for the value property node.  It is just simply a 2D array.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 24 of 27
(841 Views)

Sorry everybody if I am hard-headed, but if I create a Value property node, LAB View won't allow me to wire it to a 2D array. That is why I am asking how to actually do this. I understand that I have to supply the X- and Y-axis. So, should I create a Value property node for each axis? And if I do so, how can I then merge the two references into a 2D array in the main VI?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 27
(789 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author christianwos

@christianwos wrote:

Sorry everybody if I am hard-headed, but if I create a Value property node, LAB View won't allow me to wire it to a 2D array. That is why I am asking how to actually do this. I understand that I have to supply the X- and Y-axis. So, should I create a Value property node for each axis? And if I do so, how can I then merge the two references into a 2D array in the main VI?

Show us a simplified version of your code once more. (Your ealier code contains way too much garbage...:))

An xy graph does not accept 2D arrays. XY graphs accept a variety of datatypes (array of points, cluster of x and y arrays, complex arrays, etc.) and the terminal will adapt accordingly. If you want to write to a value property, you need to keep the same datatype used earlier of the terminal.

Message 26 of 27
(776 Views)

Thank you,

This was enough for me to figure it out. I unchecked "Include Data Type" from the refnum pop-up menu and now the XY-graph updates teh values normally. Thank you for your help.

Christian

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 27
(771 Views)