From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

state diagram toolkit documentation

Im trying to email the labview state diagram from the toolkit after it generates the xml documentation using the "generate documentation".  How do I quickly bundle and email this to a coworker?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,399 Views)

Hey id,

Just to clarify, what exactly are you wanting to bundle and email? Is it your LabVIEW code or the .xml document?

Madison T
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,357 Views)

the XML document with the diagrams and pictures

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,332 Views)

Hey id,

Are you trying to email the document within your code? If so, can you send a screenshot or snippet of that code, so I can see what's going on? If not, are you getting errors or just having trouble sending it as a regular email attachment?

Madison T
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,310 Views)

I am simply trying to email the document to another cowowrker so he can review the diagram.  What he gets is an XML document without the pictures 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,308 Views)

Will you send a screenshot of what you see on your XML document, so I can see what part is not getting sent? When I use the Generate Documentation, I get an XML document containing just text and a separate folder in the same location containing the image files, as shown in the screenshot below. If that is what you are also getting, you could create a folder with all of those files in it to email.

GenerateDocumentation

Madison T
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,287 Views)

Yes, my problem is my state diagra has 65 picture files and a few others with it. 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,284 Views)

So, is the file size just too large to email? Have you tried placing it all into a folder and creating a .zip file from it? If this still is too large, this would be a limitation of your email and not a LabVIEW issue. You may just need to find an alternate way of sending or emailing him the files, such as through an online cloud storage like Google Drive or Dropbox.

Madison T
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,258 Views)