LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

staircase ramp

Solved!
Go to solution

Any way to take the enclosed vi and make it ramp to 2 volts...hold for 200 msec...ramp to 4 volts hold for 200 msec...etc all the way to 10 volts?  Need to keep the slope 2.5 v/sec and if possible sample rate at 1 msec.

Thanks..

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(4,830 Views)

I don't have your sub-VI.

Example_VI.png

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(4,798 Views)

its the one that ships w LV2014  "ramp pattern.vi"

"signal processing>signal generation"

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(4,780 Views)

Hey Clint,

Did you take a look to the information jcarmody send you? Is your issue solved?

Regards,
Daniel M.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
www.ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(4,727 Views)

I did take a look at the solution.  I was hoping to use the ramp.vi as it ( I think) had for flexablity for my needs.  I tried putting my (National's) ramp funtion in a loop aand have a 200 msec wait time but that didn't work.

Is there some way to ramp from (start) 0 then go to 2 volts ( stop) wait 200 msec then go from 2 volts to 4 volts, wait 200 msec etc??  I tried putting 0 start and 2 stop in a loop ( w a 200 msec wait) using a shift register to feed back the 2 volts as the start on the 2nd iteration and 4 as the stop then feed that into the shift reg as my start on the next and so on and so on.  But it just produced a straight line from 0 to 10.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(4,707 Views)

Another thing..I'm putting this "staircase" pattern out to a DAQ which drives an external device on my test set.  At each of the 200 msec plateaus I have to go off and, using another DAQ Channel, measure another voltage.  With that in mind I guess I'll have to put my 2nd daq ch in a loop and "know" when I'm at a either the 200 msec point or at each of the 2, 4,6, 8 10 voltage outputs.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(4,700 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Clint1000

@Clint1000 wrote:

I did take a look at the solution.  I was hoping to use the ramp.vi as it ( I think) had for flexablity for my needs.  I tried putting my (National's) ramp funtion in a loop aand have a 200 msec wait time but that didn't work.

Is there some way to ramp from (start) 0 then go to 2 volts ( stop) [...]

How long do you want it to take to ramp between dwells?

Example_VI.png

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

Message 7 of 9
(4,688 Views)

time between dwells= 200 msec..I tried what you have before posting ( less the wait loop ) and it didn't seem to work.  Guess I'll have to look again..Like I said, I put the wait inside the loop.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(4,659 Views)

jcarmody..I took your suggestion and modified it to output a stair case from 0 to 10, dwell at 2, 4, 6,8 and 10 volts for 200 msec w a slope of 2.5 volts/sec..my programs reqmnt.  Couldn't have gotten what I did w/o your suggestion...thanks alot !!

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(4,610 Views)