From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sr400 scanning gate mode

Hello Forum,

Some of the problems I've encountered using the sr400 gated photon counted have been commented on here before (e.g.. It often hangs up while waiting for the RSI, and that this can be more or less solved by removing this request.)

A problem that noone else has discussed is using it in scanning gate mode. I have attached two programs one with the RSQ and one without) that ask the counter A to scan. As I understand from the manual, this means that for every count period the delay before the gate opens should increase by a user-determined increment. 

There is first a question of stability, in that the program doesn't always work. Sometimes the photon scnnaer scans, sometimes it doesn't. However, on the occasions that it does tell me it is scanning, I see no evidence of this in the results. Since I'm scanning through a modulated signal (a square wave), the scan should reproduce this result. Instead, all I get is a straight line.

If one has the time, can they look through the program and tell me whether there is a serious issue with it or whether the problem should be put down to the age and stability of the photon counter. The programs are a lightly modified version of one posted by a forum easier, which apart from the problem with scanning, works more or less okay.

Thanks,

L

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,156 Views)

Hi Luiz,

I saw your code and note you didn´t configure the serial port, maybe you need configure a better baud rate to work with this device.

regards,

Abel Souza
Engenheiro Eletrônico
LabVIEW User since 8.5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,038 Views)

Thanks for the suggestion. I will try it.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,995 Views)