From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

square wave sensor data to graph

Hi all

I have a flowmeter FTB-1302 and Nı USB 6229.I have connected them and read data as a square wave.How can i convert this square wave into real values.I mean i want to read flowmeter.

Here is my vi code and my squarewave graph.

Thank you

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,458 Views)

You need to read the manual of your flowmeter and determine how the actual flow rate relates to the frequency of your signal.  Most sensors make it a very easy linear relationship.  Then just do the calculation and display your result in an numeric indicator.  No need for a graph unless you like looking at a square wave.  Although you might want to chart the numeric value so you have a history of the flow rate.

EDIT:  There is a VI called "Extract Single Tone Information.vi" that can read the square wave and return its frequency. Smiley Wink

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,451 Views)

Actually i am new in this area could you please explain me which part of the manual i sould read exactly and at what considerations i sould be careful about?And you said about calculations.What kind of calculations and how?

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,430 Views)