LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

spreadsheet column addition

Hi, please forgive my naivity as I am a very new user.

I have 4 spreadsheets with 8 columns each.  What I want to do is simply add together in each spreadsheet columns 1 - 2, 3 - 4, 5 - 8.

Once each spreadsheet now has 3 columns I would like to combine all spreadsheets to form 1 output (total of 12 columns).

My main difficulty is choosing the right array function to select individual columns and also be able to form the 3 column output from this  Smiley Sad.

Any help would be greatly appreciated  Smiley Happy I realise that this is probably really easy but I have got no where with tutorials and my help book.

Thanks
Mark
(m_robbo)
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,445 Views)
not just one function. break the problem into two parts. make a sub-vi that takes arrays as inputs (4) and then performs the computation. make another vi that reads the files and transforms them into arrays. finally, knit them together in a third, this is the final product.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,439 Views)
to index column. you must use 'index array' function. you will mouse over that function until you see the cursor change character to 'expander'. for a 2-d array, expand the function by 1. to select just a column, wire a number to the newly expanded terminal. when index array is expanded the top down order is row, column, etc. the number of indec terminals wired determines the dimension of the output of the function.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,435 Views)