LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

speed control of shunt motor using labview interfaced with arduino

I'm trying to control the speed of a shunt motor using LabView with PID interfaced with Arduino which is connected to the tachogenerator sensor of the motor anyone offer any advice  I have a voltage divider for the sensor to Arduino as is max out is 5v and the sensor is 2v/1000rpm. the motor is being powered by a three phase power panel and a thyristor panel

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,868 Views)

Very pretty picture, showing "real wires".  Do the orange ones have double-precision voltages, and the green ones TTL Boolean signals?

You didn't ask any question, and didn't provide any code (no pictures, please, just the VIs) for us to examine.  I hope it is all working for you ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,856 Views)
Hi Bob there are no orange wires, the green are small voltage wires, thank you. The three phase and thyristor panel with a rectifying circuit (green cables) run the motor (150v DC 300w 300rpm) with a speed dial connecting to the firing circuit on the thyristor panel.

what I want to ask is how can i go about connecting the tachogenerator sensor, I made a 2 wired cable connected to the motor and the speed dial into arduino, will I need code if I'm using LabVIEW ? Is a voltage divider enough ? sadly I have had to start again my laptop crashed last week now I have a slow one which is having problems updating the drivers for arduino. I'll upload the VI soon as I can. I am knew to this so any help will be much appritiated
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,821 Views)

here is the vi that i`m trying to use

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,791 Views)