LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

specified timestamp occurs after the end of the limit

I am trying to implement the Limit Testing VI, using the Limit Specification VIs to define the upper and lower limits, into a waveform graph.The Limit Specification VIs don't accept a timestamp from the waveform t0 directly, and will only accept this parameter if converted to a DBL as per one of the NI examples, i.e. the Limit Testing Measurement one. However this only seems to work in the example because it is a zero timestamp. When I try it with an actual timestamp, I get error -20337 'specified timestamp occurs after the end of the limit'. How can I resolve this?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,935 Views)

Hi DLTD

Using an actual timestamp will give you a value for x0 of 9.354E+9. To avoid the error, the limits in the limit cluster have to be two arrays where the x0s are in range of 9.354e+9. I am not sure how you create them, as this part of the program is missing in the screenshot, but what I can see, is that you are giving scalars instead of arrays as limits.

On the other hand, I just tried it with good input values for a real timestamp. I didn't get an error message anymore, but the VI got stuck somewhere else. Changing these VIs to accept real time stamps looks quite time consuming, so I think it is easier to change your waveforms to start at 0.

Andreas Jost

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

Andreas
CLA, CTA
Message 2 of 4
(2,874 Views)

Thanks for the response. I've achieved the desired outcome using masking, as demonstrated in the Mask and Limit Testing of XY Graph example, which actually worked very well.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,868 Views)

Hi DG76,

I have a same problem like you. I have DAQmx task - time window 100ms (1000 samples) and like you, when using t0 I get an error -20337.

Please, how did you solve this problem?

Thank you

Best regards

Real1ty

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,747 Views)