LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

spartan 3e & Labview 2011

OK, Peter, I will wait.

Do you plan drivers for any other FPGA kits let's say with Virtex 6?

If it is official 🙂

Regards
Mikrobi (Zbigniew St. Sobków)____________________________________________________________
"You can lead a horse to water, but if you can get him to float on his back you've got something."
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 64
(1,594 Views)

Hi Zbigniew Sts,

The Spartan 3E driver is made specifically for academic purposes and is the only driver we have for FPGA boards not distributed by National Instruments. When the Virtex 6 is incorperated into a piece of NI hardware it will be covered with the NI-RIO driver but until then (and with non-NI hardware) there is not a driver to interface with LabVIEW, at least on our end. Are you building a board yourself or do you have one that was distributed by another company? You may be able to find the correct driver from the original manufacturer, or you can create one yourself if you are so inclined.

Regards,

Peter W.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 64
(1,587 Views)

any updates regarding the release of drivers for Spartan 3E ?

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 64
(1,565 Views)

Hi Shayan,

I haven't heard any new information about the release date of the Spartan 3E driver that will be compatible for LabVIEW 2011. As with any of our products you can check the Product Page for information on the newest release. When the updated driver comes out the download links on that page will be updated as well to connect to the newer version.

Regards,

Peter W.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 64
(1,553 Views)

I hope that someone can push the issue of releasing a new Spratan-3E kit driver for LabVIEW 2011!!

This is a really real problem each time a new version of LabVIEW release!

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 64
(1,504 Views)

Yes, I know, next year we will have Labview 2012, and again will be a topic on this forum "Spartan 3e labview 2012" and a lot of people asking 

Is going to be a labview 2012 driver??

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 64
(1,493 Views)

NI team really needs to reconsider releasing a compliable driver that can be installed with any LabVIEW Version. I don't see anything prevents of this!

Since the Sprtan-3E driver first version till now, there is nothing new expect re-deploying the driver installer to be compliable with the new version of LabVIEW!

Better to offer an upgrade in case of something new so that users can keep running the last version driver with the new LabVIEW version until the patch be abailable.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 64
(1,487 Views)

Hi wedo,

Perhaps you would like to make this suggestion on the LabVIEW Idea Exchange. This is the forum for product suggestions and is reviewed by National Instrument employees. 

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Idea-Exchange/idb-p/labviewideas

Regards,

Josh Brown

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 64
(1,472 Views)

Is there an update on this issue available?

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 64
(1,316 Views)

I know that I'm not helping asking for any news about the driver, but guys seriously the new version of LabVIEW  is released in a few months from now so is unbelievable that the drivers for 2011 isn't release yet, so I would be more than greatful if you give some news about this driver, thanks

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 64
(1,286 Views)