From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sound data acquisition

Frankly, I am a "very" beginner in sound measurement with LabView 8.2.

My program have to measure the pressure (already done) and stethoscope sound(similar to heart beat) for blood pressure measurement.
I found the sampling rate could be less than 1 kHz for pressure using USB DAQ.
But, I have no idea for sound measurement except that.. 
(I have to identify the start / end points of sound rather than detail waveform.)

First, I have to prepare some sensors for stethoscope sound.
Generally, what kind of "micro" sensors for sound measurement?
(For example about application, http://www.ymec.com/hp/signal2/heart1.htm
Is there any selection guide for sound measurement?

Second, I am worring about data aquisition.
As I mentioned earlier, I have to measure two signals simultaneously (time-synchronized).
To my knowledge, the sound should be faster than 10 kHz.
Can I use a (good) specification sound card for my purpose or general NI-DAQ USB card?

Third, Is any sound card support the LV programming? or any other toolbox such as NI-RealTime?
(I know only there is an add-on toolkit of sound data analysis *not* aquisition from NI.)

Thanks.
*)Any complex analysis can be performed after the measurements.

메시지가 08-12-2008 03:26 AM에 labmaster에 의해 편집되었음
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,140 Views)

Hello labmaster,

Thanks for your post!

I see that you are wanting to do some sound measurements with NI hardware. I would like to point you to the following link that talks about simultaneous sound acquisitions. This all lies in the PXI, PCI and USB form factor. 

Sound and Vibration Measurement and Analysis.

Some of the USB devices you can use in a CRio or CDaq chassis however this usually limits you to 4 channels.  So of course you can use the sound and vibration toolkit to analyze all your data and then using the DAQmx driver to acquire the sound data. I have to be honest I don't know to much about trying to monitor using a stethoscope but take a look at the link below for some information from engineers that have done analysis like this before. 

Using LabVIEW for Heart Rate Variability Analysis.

Let us know if any of this information helps you on your way with your applications and please post back if you have any questions!

Cheers!

Corby_B

http://www.ni.com/support 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,099 Views)