From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sound and vibration

Hi guys,

i have already purchased Labview 2011 and i would like to evaluate the sound and vibration measurement suite. I have already downloaded it,  but it is NOT installed in Labview environment but as a seperate program. Is it possible somehow to have the sound and vibration measurement suite inside Labview. In the Labview pallete i can see the sound and vibration but when i click on it it is empty.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,640 Views)

Hello diakrina, 

The Sound and Vibration VIs should be located in a specific place to auto-populate the palette in labVIEW. 

Check and see if your files are stored in the following location, or move them there if necessary. 

<Program Files>\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2011\vi.lib\addons\Sound and Vibration

Maggie
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,588 Views)

I have the same problem.  The Sound and Vibration VIs are located in the

C:\Program Files(x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2011\vi.lib\addons\Sound and Vibration

but yet the Sound and Vibration palette is empty.  What more needs to be done to populate the palette?

I have a similar problem with an empty palette for an Instument in the instrument library.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,520 Views)

Hi Drdrop,

The missing VIs inside palettes can be caused by multiple reasons, you can take a look at the following Knowledge Base article to see if the suggested steps can help you to fix it.

Hope you can find it helpful!

Regards,

Sil.VI
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,486 Views)
And are you using LabVIEW 32-bit?
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,479 Views)