LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sorting into "buckets"

I want to create a strategy to sort data into "Buckets'. The immediate need is that I will have a user select a few different analog output channels and I want to sort these out by card. So a list of

Card1_ao1

Card1_ao2

Card3_ao1

Card2_ao5

card1_ao5

card2_ao4

card3_ao4

would become

Card1=ao1,ao2,ao5

Card2=ao4,ao5

Card3=ao1,ao4

Basically I am going through a 2d array and creating a bucket based on the first value, and throwing and sorting out any duplicates into it in the form of a 1D array with a name.

What is the best way to acomplish the task above if the different buckets may be different length arrays? Am I best off using a local variable, a cluster or what? If a cluster is the way to go, does anyone have a good link to a way to programmatically change and bundle by name? I have to think there is a pretty simple way of doing what I want to do. If I were in matlab which is where a mechanical engineer I learned to program  I would just declare a variable "Card1" as an array and add to it. If card #2 comes along and I don't have any variable set I would declare a card #2 array and so on. How do I best do this in Labview?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,922 Views)

Duplicate

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,915 Views)