LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

snow on the webcam image, help plesase!

Hi all,

I'm so sorry for starting with these words but, the truth is, I have a problem. I'm trying to get live images from a webcam. (logitech webcam quickcam series). The problem is, as you could see in the image I've attached, that there is no image. There is only snow, like old TVs. I've also attach the set of VIs I'm using in the project, If you want to have a look at them.

I've downloaded the latest drivers from the logitech webpage, and the webcam seems to work good in Windows. I've taken some photos and made video-chat, and the webcam seems to be good everywhere except in Labview.

Do I have to install any different drivers?

Regards,
Alfonso
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,436 Views)

Hi,

I can give u a link where there is an example about how to acquire with a webcam:

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=200&message.id=1121&requireLogin=False

Hope that helps,

Regards,

Jaime Cabrera

NI Applications Engineering Spain
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,416 Views)

Hi Jaime,

Thanks you for your help. I was doing things right. The problem has been fixed. The only thing I've had to do is to change the configuration of the image acquiring, to "555 RGB 16" and the image has turnned to normal. It also work in RGB 24, in every resolution option.

Thank you again,

Alfonso.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,404 Views)
Hello
I just tested your vi using a logitech pro 4000 and it runs fine. The picture is B/w.
Try imaq usb and vision  from NI and Ivision from hytekautomation.com

See attached

Cheers
Alipio
---------------------------------------------------------
"Qod natura non dat, Salmantica non praestat"
---------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,403 Views)

Hi,

good to know that worked 😉

Regards,

Jaime Cabrera

NI Applications Engineering Spain
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,397 Views)

Yes, as you can see in the attached photo, the VIs run fine in my computer. The webcam I'm using is the most basic one (from logitech quickcam series).

I've tried Ivision from the website you mentioned, but a license is required. The thing is it doesn't matter becase the b/n image is enough to what I'm asked to do. I'll try the option from NI when I have time. I'd like to know a bit more about imaging in LV, but first I have to finish work. Smiley Very Happy

Thanks for your attention

Alfonso.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,393 Views)