From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

snippet + "allow debugging"

Solved!
Go to solution

hello,

LV2013

When i use "create snippet from selection", why this snippet does not keep the original value of  "vi properties / allow debugging" ?

If the original VI has "allow debbuging" OFF ... the snippet changes the value of "allow debbugging" to ON.  Why ?

Is this a small bug ?

(Sorry for my bad english, i do my best.)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,653 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ouadji

What is the property of the VI you are dropping the snippet into BEFORE you drop the snippet into it?

A snippet is a portion of code, it isn't a VI in itself, so I wouldn't expect it to carry along VI properties.

Message 2 of 5
(2,642 Views)

I'd say not a bug, but rather it is an ill-defined operation.

Whereas a snippet does use a VI to transport code from one BD to another, the fundamental operation is to move the code itself, not any underlying settings from one VI to another.  I do not expect copy and paste of code from one VI to another to change any settings of either VI, and snippets are just adding a more persistent "clipboard".  In fact, I would argue it would be quite confusing if adding code to a VI changed these settings.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,640 Views)

Yup expected behavior.  If you wanted to share a VI then share that VI not the snippet.  But to be fair a VI is embedded in the PNG file so I'd be interested if the extracted VI contained these properties from the original VI.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,634 Views)

@ RavensFan

What is the property of the VI you are dropping the snippet into BEFORE you drop the snippet into it? 

A snippet is a portion of code, it isn't a VI in itself, so I wouldn't expect it to carry along VI properties.

Indeed, you are absolutely right.

I had not thought of this way of seeing things.

applause.gif  +1

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,599 Views)