From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

small runtime engine for newer labview versions?

Solved!
Go to solution
Solution
Accepted by JÞB

I gave it a try and was able to run my labview exe under the bare 2012 runtime which is about 28Meg in a zip file.  It was even easier than the  article suggested.  I unzipped the RTE installer, pulled out the "LabVIEW_Runtime_Engine_2012" component,  installed it on a VM and it worked!

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(1,168 Views)

Turns out I needed to add some functionality that required NI VISA.  The VISA installer is over 100 Meg but, after unzipping, I was able to pull out the bare VISA Runtime installer which is only about 12 Megs.  

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(1,138 Views)

@chiraldude wrote:

This forum, (like the runtimes in this topic) is bloated and full of "eye candy".  It is not clear which credit box goes with which item.  I was just as surprised as you when I recieved an instant email from the forum saying I had accepted my own solution.  

OT: You probably got a strange e-mail and wondered what happened.  I was reviewing a thread that linked here and noted the strange solutions that did not explain the steps taken to reach the desired effect.  I don't use Champion Powers often but, in the interest of clarity for the next user that wants to create a minimal installer I modified the solutions to this thread.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(1,019 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(633 Views)