From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

single process shared variable - build executable

Solved!
Go to solution

I have two applications on same computer. Using single process shared variable with both application. When building executable the writer is updating the shared variable but the VI reading the shared variable does not read the values. The issue is only when creating and running executables. How to build two executables on same computer (and both are in same project) using single process shared variables?

The use of network shared variable is not needed as both applications are on the same computer but when building executable with network shared varaible it works, only single process shared variable does not work??

TIA

CLD
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,012 Views)
Solution
Accepted by lvrat

Single Process Shared Variables work within the same application context.  When you are developing and both VIs are in the same project, they are in the same application context.  But two executables will have different application context.  So to communicate between the two executables, you have to use the network shared variables.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,995 Views)

Thanks, using network shared variables (custom cluster) to update GUI indicators which is in a separate application will it have lot of overhead? Seems like network shared varaible are not easily scalable, any other recomended approach which has been tried to provide scalability(if indicators are added or removed) and has less overhead.

CLD
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,982 Views)

Hi, I have like a similar issue. I have a SVE running in a cRIO-9074. Once the RT-vi is built and set as startup application, they are no more updated. I mean, the work as expected before compilation. What should I do?

FB 

BoF
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,869 Views)

Hey, This is an old forum. I recommend creating a new post in the Real-Time Measurement and Control forum since this is a cRio problem. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,851 Views)