LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sine wave to text file.

Dear All,

I am new to LabView.

I am looking to generate a sine wave, multiply it by a random number, then average the data over 30 minutes and write it out to a text file.

Can anyone help with this process?

Thank you for your help.

Nathan

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,733 Views)

You don't need a program for that. The average over a sine wave for many periods is zero.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,729 Views)

You've stated your aim fairly clearly, all of the VIs exist to do what you need ...

What specifically is the problem ?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,719 Views)

This is am exercise before using labeled to write a text file of actual instrument generated diurnal temperature and humidity data

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,718 Views)

You don't need a program for that. The average over a sine wave for many periods is zero.

Good point. Smiley Happy  Although if the sine wave in multiplied by a different random number on a point by point basis the average could be anything ! 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,714 Views)

Well, my intention was to show that an unclear request may lead to unexpected responses. And the last post seems to show the problem. He wants somebody to do the exercise for him.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,706 Views)

@NeilR wrote:

Good point. Smiley Happy  Although if the sine wave in multiplied by a different random number on a point by point basis the average could be anything ! 

If your Random Number Generator is good, you'll still get an expectation value of zero.

OP: I'm not sure your exercise is representative of what you're actually trying to do. Have you figured out your data acquisition from your instrument already? If so, I'd use that as a starting point.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,705 Views)

Hi doctor,

these are 4 basic steps. Apart from 3rd step all these are very basic by using existing functions in LabVIEW...

Please start by

- using the SineWaveGeneration function

- using the multiply function with a random number

- using the SaveWaveformToFile function.

Please ask specific questions and attach your VI!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,704 Views)

ejkaiser

thanks for an answer that makes you look clever and me look stupid, and all before 8 in the morning.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,685 Views)