From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sine sweep generation

Hi All,

I have attached a vi which i made with the help of few inbuilt examples.It generates a sine wave of given frequency playes the tone through the audio jack and saves the output from a mic which is connecdet to ni 9234 module.

I would like to sweep through frequencies say 500 hz to 10khz with an increment of 500hz.And would also like to make the number of cycles for each frequency constant ,say 200 cycles.

How can i modify my current vi  to do so?

Should use some other vi like signal generation vi to do so.

Thank you for giveng this your time and advice.

1sandyG1

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,685 Views)

1sandyG1,

currently, you read the frequency to generate from the front panel (user interaction for change required!). You have to modify this to "automatically" modify the frequency in order to generate a sweep.

Look into the topic "shift register" for useful information you need in order to implement this.

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,657 Views)

hi, could you help generate a sweep sine in PXI 5412 by FGEN Artirary wave form?

I use the Fgen Sweep Generator.vi, but it comes to error!

2.And how could I generate a tone bust pulse by FGEN?

3.If I want to generate only one gaussian modulated sinusoid pulse, and I obtain this pulse by SCOPE, my questions is how CAN I to control the cycles of this pulse。

Thanks very much!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,456 Views)

Hi aynor007,

What kind of errors are you seeing with the FGEN Sweep Generator.vi? Are you generating these signals using LabVIEW or FGEN Soft Front Panels? Thanks

Paul C

Paul C
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,402 Views)