LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

simulink and LABview TCP/IP communication

I mentioned the LabVIEW Example "Simple TCP.lvproj" included in the LabVIEW Example Finder. This specifically was between two LabVIEW VIs. What I would be interested in doing is using the TCP Client in this project to see if you can use built-in LabVIEW Example code. Save this VI as a new copy and change the ports to match the TCP Send from Simulink. Let me know if you have any questions!

Best,

Chris D. | Applications Engineer | National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 24
(887 Views)

hello , 
But that was exactly the thing that I did to make the communication. 

I Took the client example of the tcp/ip exemple of LabVIEW and changed it so that I can reveive the informations from Simulink

best,

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 24
(878 Views)

Are you able to test the communication from Simulink without LabVIEW? Te best way I could think to do this would be through a 3rd part TCP test application like SocketTest. With your Simulink code running, you can configure SocketTest as the Client.

• IP Address: localhost
  • Port: 3363 (from your Simulink TCP/IP Send)

Push Connect to establish the connection. If the connection is refused, Simulink is not sending any data and the error is in that section of your application.

Best,

Chris D. | Applications Engineer | National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 24
(867 Views)

I know the problems, because you didn't set local address &local port on LabVIEW, Error 56 means that LabVIEW didn't certainly connect to simulink; simulink  set remote address&port,and then this remote settings need to same with LabVIEW local address &port,On the contrary.......

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 24
(514 Views)