From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

simulation of three phase induction motor using LabVIEW

I want to simulate a three phase induction motor using LabVIEW 2014. I have all the required equations. Is there any library or toolkit I can download for simulation of induction motor in LabVIEW?
Message 1 of 14
(6,813 Views)
Please help me out
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(6,768 Views)

Well, if you have all the equations, you know the needed inputs and resulting outputs.

What exactly is giving you problems?

(Of course LabVIEW is a programming language, not a circuit simulation such as discussed in the "Circuit Design Suite" forum.

I assume you are familiar with LabVIEW programming and understand the capabilities.)

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(6,758 Views)
I'm pretty much new at labview but I know how to implement those equations. But there are some parameters which are considered to be constants. So, is there any library made for electrical machines where we can just give inputs and parameter values to generate the output simulation?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(6,750 Views)

Maybe you also want to explain what you mean by "Simulating ..."

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(6,731 Views)

@kunal1261 wrote:
I'm pretty much new at labview

I suggest you look at getting a tiny bit more familiar with what LabVIEW is and what it is not.  In the upper right corner of the Forum are a number of links to on-line tutorials and training -- spend a little time getting more familiar with LabVIEW, see if you can write some code that will do what you are thinking about, and come back with more specific questions.

As far as I know (and I am not an "electrical machines" expert), there is no canned set of VIs or library in LabVIEW that you can plug in some parameters and it will do all the work for you.  Could you write such a thing in LabVIEW?  Sure.  Could you write such a thing in LabVIEW?  Not without becoming more experienced with LabVIEW.

Bob Schor 

Message 6 of 14
(6,694 Views)

I think you are missing the Electric Motor Simulation Toolkit on your machine:

http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/211912

Here is the function:

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/373998B-01/lvemsimvi/acim_cons_para_model/

Barp - Control, Simulation, RTT and HIL - National Instruments
Message 7 of 14
(6,659 Views)

Do a search for "LabVIEW motor simulation":

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=labview%20motor%20simul...

Although you won't find much of anything on the cheap that will compete with NI's own Control and Simulation toolkits you will find a lot of people have already been down this path and you may be able to leverage some of their work.  Of course if you have the money to afford the NI toolkits they will make your life easier.

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(6,632 Views)
I'm trying to use equations and parameter values for simulation. It's complicated but I think it will work. Thanks for all your replies.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(6,625 Views)

Infact I am also working on same project.You may contact me at my email add. : sksinghnitn@gmail.com

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(6,271 Views)