From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

show graph that is created in a subVI in the main vi

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi Everyone

I can notshow graph that is created in a subVI in the main vi.

help!

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,993 Views)
Of course not. You can't stop it either. The best solution is to have the while loop in the main.
Message 2 of 9
(3,986 Views)

Thats because the graphs exist in the subvi.  If you want to show a graph in the main VI, the graph should be in the main VI.

Options.

1. Show the subvi when called.  This will show the subVI front panel in a separate window ("Show front panel when called")

2. wire the data to an output terminal and graph the data within the main VI.

there are other approaches too, but these should be enough

Message 3 of 9
(3,979 Views)

Seeing your subVI I think your project will be stuck in subVI because the while loop will never finish...

What you can, considering that your project really need continuous samples, is show the subvi when called. 

if you don't where to find this option where it is :

File > VI Properties (or just hit Ctrl+I)

Category: Windows Appearance 

Costumize...

Another thing ou can do is use the connector panel in your favor, connecting the data you want to pass as outputs, the waveforms, and connecting in 2 graphs of your main VI. (But this will have the problem that I mentioned about the while loop, for that you can create a control for you while loop of the subVI in your mainVI and when you want it to stop reading the data you jsut use that control.)

Maybe this helps you out, if not just let us know and give us iformation about your project so we can find the best way Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 9
(3,916 Views)

i don't kno why but the image wasn't send with my message 

Customize Window Appearance.png

Message 5 of 9
(3,913 Views)

Thank you very much

Where am I going wrong?

Is this possible?

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/show-graph-that-is-created-in-a-subvi/td-p/672249 - solution

Thank you again, and sorry my english

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,911 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Saille

look at this example....

Message 7 of 9
(3,879 Views)

You are connecting a reference of a waveform chart where was expected a waveform graph reference.

Look at the example that apok showed, maybe will help you out.

Message 8 of 9
(3,862 Views)

My circuit worked!!!!

thank you everyone

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,851 Views)