LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

show custom text in general error handler pop-up

Is it possible to use the general error handler (GEH) to show customized text (pop-up message) although the error that occurs is purely a LV (hardware) error. I know all about creating customized error codes, I don't want to attempt that, as of yet, since the LV already support its own codes when it comes to hardware communication.

Basically, no user will make sense of the canned english that the GEH spits out. The GEH does not show the "optional" text although a text box is connected on the GEH "optional text" ctrl connector.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,145 Views)

The GEH support ignoring an error, "error code",  along with a string "error source", in fact this is the opposite of what I'd like to do. I want to show the "error source" text message instead of LV canned message.

Btw, when I setup the ignore error code, the GEH did nothing different. Still pops-up the error msg and does not show the "error source" text. (Then again why would I show the text if I'm trying to ignore an error)?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,134 Views)

The simple and general error handler does shows the text "source" and "error code" when you replace (bundle by name) the error bundle with your custom bundle. I will just use it this way for now. As it stands the Error Handlers VI do not perform as the instruction say they should.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,123 Views)