LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sharing data between windows applications and labview

Interested in sharing data between a .NET application and LV V9 or later application.

Data transfer would be simple and limited, but need to let my LV application know a 'green light' to proceed from the .NET application.  Both applications are on the same computer with either XP or WIN 7  could be 32 or 64 Bit.

I am open for ideas on how to achieve this goal.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(2,695 Views)

I don't "speak" .NET so whenever I have to get my LV application to communicate with any non-LV application I first think of tcp.

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(2,692 Views)

The nice thing about TCP/IP is that it also works if the LabVIEW app is on one machine and the .NET app is on another.  Should be simple to build a Consumer/Producer system, where the Producer "sends" data to the Consumer via TCP.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(2,688 Views)

Can you elaborate on the process to do this?  any examples on this site?

Thank you for your time.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(2,653 Views)

LabVIEW comes with quite a lot of examples : Help >> Find examples... >> serach tab, look for TCP, really I think you will have enough there to get started with the LabVIEW side.

Are you also responsible for the .NET side?

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(2,650 Views)

I am not writting the .NET stuff myself, but another guy here is so we have controll of it too.

Greg

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,647 Views)

Can someone recommend a safe or relatively safe port and IP that I can set my TCP to?

Goal here is to set these so most likely there will not be a conflict from something else.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,620 Views)

Just pick one from the list : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_TCP_and_UDP_port_numbers

by the way 3369 is not in the list Smiley Surprised

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,617 Views)

LabVIEW does have the ability to connect to .NET assemblies. You can even register a .NET callback. The callback can run a subVI whenever it is invoked from the .NET program. It has been a couple of years since I had to do this, but it does work well.

The tools pallet -> Connectivity should have a .NET sub-pallet. You can set up your constructors, and register for call back events with the VIs here. There are examples you can look up as well.

Rob

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,610 Views)