LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

shared variable engine network published source issue

Hello,

I am attempting to use the shared variable engine to share some simple stings over a network between a Windows 7 computer and a Windows XP computer. 

I got through the shared variable example just fine and can share variables between VIs on a single computer. When I open the shared variable engine, it shows the client and server variables that are shared on the local computer. I then create a new process, and attempt to define a new variable, and the Shared Variable Property screen comes up. I attempt to "Bind to Source" and click browse, and see the computer name I am attempting to connect to. However, when I click it, it stalls and I cannot expand the computer to find the variable I am trying to bind to. What am I missing?

Thanks, Arron

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,977 Views)

Is there at least a LabVIEW runtime on the second PC ? The remote machine has to support shared variables.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,975 Views)

Arron,

This document may be useful in helping to setup your network shared variables. Take a look at this and see if you have followed all the outlined steps in setting up a network shared variable.

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/4679

Let me know how this works for you.

-Nick-

Nick C | Software Project Manager - LabVIEW Real-Time | National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,959 Views)