LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

shared library network

Hey,

I've got problems to unterstand how to use/create network published shared library

I already got my library.so and the .h file for that and labview installed on the remote maschine

now i want to call the function(on labview on a linux/windows), provided by the .so on an embedded device(zedboard)

connected over the network

how to i share the .so on the zedboard(linux) with the labview program on the linux PC?

I've found tutorials and instructions for local libraries but not really for networke shared..

grettings

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,203 Views)

Well, theorietically you just have to tell the ldconfig utility the path to the shared library. Provided you have mounted the network path in your local file system that could work. In practice it is a very bad idea to have shared libraries shared across machines. They may be termporarily or permanently unavailable because of network errors and you likely end up with all kinds of compatibility problems because of linux kernel and C runtime version differences between the two systems.

Your specifc case simply can't work since your host Linux system needs an x86 compiled library while your Zedboard has an ARM based CPU and needs an accordingly compiled shared library. The .so on the Zedboard while having the same file ending and using the ELF library format, is simply unintelligent garbage for your x86 based system and viceversa.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,160 Views)