From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

several LAN Devices are not partially seen trough windows

to control several instruments (powersupply, nwa, dmm), we have a second lan-card in our testsystem control computer. sometimes after the start of our testsoftware, several lan devices are not seen through windows (win7). the viOpen fails, and you even not able to ping the device. the arp-entries are ok. the problem can be solved by flushing the arp-cache via cmd line argument "arp -d". the problem with deleting the arp-cache is that de running user is not a admin, so this cant be automated by the testsoftware

any guys here with the same problem ?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,457 Views)

Seems to me that this is a Windows/Networking/Security issue.  Talk with your local IT support gurus.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,421 Views)

why do you think it is an IT / Security problem ?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,380 Views)

If it is a networking/protocol/Ethernet/TCP issue, the IT "network" and "security" gurus are usually the most knowledgable about your particular network and what rules and protocols it enforces.  I don't, myself, have an answer for you, but these are the folks I go to here when I have this kind of issue.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,375 Views)