LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

set color of array element (active/inactive)

Solved!
Go to solution

hello,

i have a numeric array whose elements are date-formatted. is it possible to programmatically change the color of the elements for the states active/inactive?

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,311 Views)

Hi,

1) In an array all elements share the same properties except for their value! So no, you can't color elements differently...

2) what are "states active/inactive"?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,306 Views)

ok let me explain a bit better: i am aware that properties can not be changed for individual elements. i want to change the following property for all elements: the color of the font of an element is either black with white background (in the case it is active) or the font is grey with a grey backgound color (when still deactivated). is possible to change the color for either state?

hope i explained well

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,302 Views)

@labviewette wrote:

ok let me explain a bit better: i am aware that properties can not be changed for individual elements. i want to change the following property for all elements: the color of the font of an element is either black with white background (in the case it is active) or the font is grey with a grey backgound color (when still deactivated). is possible to change the color for either state?

hope i explained well

It is possible to change the color for true and false but as you wrote what you set for one gets set for all.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,297 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author labviewette

Hello labviewette,

if you mean the colors of the elements in a simple array constant in case active/inactive you cannot change the colors.

In active mode the text is always black with white background and in inactive mode it's both grey-white.

I hope I've understood you correctly.

Regards,

Stefan

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,253 Views)