LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

serial write function via GPIB interaface

Dear Sir,

i want to interface DC LOAD and Multimeter with LAB View via GPIB . i want to do simple tasks. i want to write 5 different values of voltage i.e 5V, 8V, 10 V, 15V and 20V to DC Load. i want to write these values serial wise by a delay of 30 seconds within which i want to take volatge value from Multimeter. independently i can write but tell me how to write serially with time delay of 30 second. please give me feedback at your earliest. 

Regards,

Mr. Sarwar

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,560 Views)

Dear Sarwar,

That's a great question and I really appreciate you taking the time to write in all the details of your application. We have a very active community at NI and I believe you will get a more active response on the GPIB section of our forums. Would you mind posting the same question on that section (I've attached the link to the GPIB forum below).

Resource:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/Instrument-Control-GPIB-Serial/bd-p/140

Regards,

Ali S. 

Applications Engineer 

National Instruments 

Regards,

Ali S.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,514 Views)

@Sarwar123 wrote:

Dear Sir,

i want to interface DC LOAD and Multimeter with LAB View via GPIB . i want to do simple tasks. i want to write 5 different values of voltage i.e 5V, 8V, 10 V, 15V and 20V to DC Load. i want to write these values serial wise by a delay of 30 seconds within which i want to take volatge value from Multimeter. independently i can write but tell me how to write serially with time delay of 30 second. please give me feedback at your earliest. 

Regards,

Mr. Sarwar

So you want to do this:

1. Set DC source to 5V
  2. Wait 30 seconds
  3. Take measurement
  4. Set DC Source to 8V
  5. Wait 30 seconds
  6. Take measurement
  7. Set DC source to 10V
  8. Wait 30 seconds
  9. Take measurement
  10. Set DC source to 15V
  11. Want 30 seconds
  12. Take measurement
  13. Set DC source to 20V
  14. Wait 30 seconds
  15. Take measurements
  16. Turn off DC source
  17. Stop

RIght?

That sounds like a For Loop inside a While Loop to me...

Post your code of what you have done so far.

Also the instruments you are using.

Also have you downloaded the LabVIEW instrument drivers for your instruments?

You might want to consider going through a few of the online tutorials http://www.ni.com/getting-started/labview-basics/

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,507 Views)