cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

serial port problem after installed DSC module

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi..

I want to inteface GSM(with labVIEW) and PLC, My PLC will work in serial port only.

In my PC I have 3 serial ports. before installing the DSC module in my sytem, I can configure the all serial ports..but, when I finished instllation of DSC module, 2 ports does not working among those 3 serial ports. Before instllation,I can work with PLC and I can use other ports. After installations,I cant configure the those serial ports...Herewith I attached the error with this.....  Please Help me soon.....

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,213 Views)
That's expected behavior. Windows will not allow more than one process at a time to connect to a serial port. One has to be shut down before another is started.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,207 Views)

But I am not connecting with any modules such as GSM or PLC, the error was created even without connections of modules...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,196 Views)
I don't use dsc but it probably searched for and established links during the installation. Close LabVIEW/DSC and see if hyperterminal works. Decide which you want to use since you can only use one at a time.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,193 Views)

I tried it..and also,I am connecting a single operation in the fault error port. But same error..

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,189 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author azadplc007

The Solution is, no need to install the VISA device drivers seperately. We have to install the DSC module alone. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,180 Views)