From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

serial port problem after installed DSC module

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi..

I want to inteface GSM(with labVIEW) and PLC, My PLC will work in serial port only.

In my PC I have 3 serial ports. before installing the DSC module in my sytem, I can configure the all serial ports..but, when I finished instllation of DSC module, 2 ports does not working among those 3 serial ports. Before instllation,I can work with PLC and I can use other ports. After installations,I cant configure the those serial ports...Herewith I attached the error with this.....  Please Help me soon.....

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,205 Views)
That's expected behavior. Windows will not allow more than one process at a time to connect to a serial port. One has to be shut down before another is started.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,199 Views)

But I am not connecting with any modules such as GSM or PLC, the error was created even without connections of modules...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,188 Views)
I don't use dsc but it probably searched for and established links during the installation. Close LabVIEW/DSC and see if hyperterminal works. Decide which you want to use since you can only use one at a time.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,185 Views)

I tried it..and also,I am connecting a single operation in the fault error port. But same error..

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,181 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author azadplc007

The Solution is, no need to install the VISA device drivers seperately. We have to install the DSC module alone. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,172 Views)