LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

serial comunication - bluetooth - data analysis - text to speech

I need to implement a project in wich an equipment comunicates via bluetooth (activating the serial port in Labview smplserl.llb) and the data most be analyzed through a VI named SIGNO that receives numbers 1 2 or 3 for each finger in a hand to detect what would be the sign showed in the hand output the letter or sign into a buffer to create a conversation using a Text to speach for windows created in Labview (TTS) and execute the TTS when a certain movement is done (right now is just by pressing a button speach).

ive tried allot of things, changing the structures in the TTS VI the cycle to proceed or the form of calling the VI. 

Ive tried to call the TTS VI from the Smplserl but it stops the serial input, and also to put the smprserl into the TTS when requested. 

1. I need that the port always receives. 

2. While it receives the sign code the TTS VI must recognize the sign and put it into the buffer that will enter to the Text To Speach programed. 

can some one help me with this, some recomendations. Im not an expert on Labview but i love to execute projects with Labview. 

thanks allot. 

attached is a zip with the files ive been using. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(2,634 Views)

First off, Although Signo is very nicely arranged it could be siginificantly compressed through the use of a case structure to determine whether or not a letter needs to be output. 

Secondly, For TTS you need to put your event structure inside of a while loop in order to allow the program to run. This is a necessity otherwise your event structure will simply wait for the first event to trigger a case and then only run once.

In order to have the serial port continuously receiving you will either need to put it into a seperate loop that can run by itself or into a timeout case on the event structure where the data is simply stored in the buffer and read sufficiently frequently in order to prevent overflow.

Shift registers will be your friend when trying to write to the buffer, they will allow you to update the string that is acting as a buffer reasonabl easily if you put them inside the event structure.

[EDIT]

I've attached a tideid and improved version of your TTS VI for a starting point.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(2,621 Views)

ogk.nz

Thanks allot for your help i will make the changes and see how it goes. ill let you know. 

thanks so much. 

best regards. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(2,591 Views)

Good night, so sorry to bother you i wasnt able to open this VI i only have 2011 NI Labview. can you save it in a prior version?

best regards. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(2,553 Views)

although i already put the while loop. best regards. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(2,551 Views)
Have you tried downconverting yourself? There is s prominent link at the top to the version conversion board. Go there and you'll see a link to an online tool for downconverting. Might be the fastest way.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,548 Views)

Attached

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,543 Views)

i will search for that option. 

and thanks so much for your help. 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,508 Views)

thanks so much i got the file. ill try again im already changing signo so we will see how it goes. 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,507 Views)