LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

serial communication

i am trying to view the data of a bluetooth module on waveform chart in three axis through serial communication but reading of all the three axis is coming on one graph and the other two are empty. please help me out

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,847 Views)
Does your data have a termination character e.g. a newline (your configure serial port says you are)? You should stop using 'bytes at port' and instead put the number of bytes to something large (longer than the expected string) and then the read will return one line of data.

Using bytes at port might return fewer bytes than a full line of data.

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,839 Views)

i gave no of bytes as 200, then 2000 and even 30,000 but nothing is happening. its still the same 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,834 Views)
Well you failed to include any information about the actual data you are receiving - what do the strings look like?

From your code, you're expecting "0.123,0.5123,12\n" - is that what you're getting?

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,821 Views)

data that is received is data value of the motion of the module in all the 3 directions 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,815 Views)

@arushi31 wrote:

data that is received is data value of the motion of the module in all the 3 directions 

We already knew that.  What exactly is the format of the data you are reading?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,809 Views)

floating point data is being read

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,802 Views)

Hi areshi,

with VISA you receive just strings (or U8 arrays) - no floating point numbers here.

Please provide the full description of the data format you want to receive/convert!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,785 Views)