LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

serial communication

Hi
I am trying to send 50 bytes of data in rs-232 communication , receiving 50 bytes their is no problem but first 10 bytes of data I am getting at last. But their is no problem for bytes . Please can u tell me wt is the problem
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,354 Views)

We will need more information to determine why you are getting the results you are seeing. In particular we need the communications protocol. RS-232 only defines some physical charactersistics of the signal. It does not define anything about how it is used. 

Does the sending device append a termination character (often line feed or carriage return) to the end of each message? If so, enable termination characters in the configuration VI and do not use Bytes at Port.

Otherwise, please post your code along with some typical data you are receiving.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,346 Views)

I'm sorry, but I don't understand your message.  The "text-speak" abbreviations of "u" and "wt" don't help either.

Can you post your VI?  Can you describe with examples what you mean by "first 10 bytes of data I am getting at last"?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,345 Views)
I'm sorry but I don't understand what you mean by there is bop problem and then 'first 10 bytes of data I am getting at last'. You again say there is no problem. Perhaps if you attached your block diagram with some details such as what instrument you are writing to.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,342 Views)
  • Use words not letters "NEED hlp Plz R U labview xpert?"  Use full English sentences.  If you have trouble with this please refer back to speaking in your native language, or go back and take English class.

Source

I'd recommend checking out Simple Serial Read Write, or Continuous Serial Write and Read under the Help >> Find Examples

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,318 Views)