LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sequence of blinking leds

Thanks

I learnt a thing or two.

Try this. After the math x to n, insert  -1. It will shift the leds & leave the trailing leds on.

Cheers

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 21
(1,670 Views)

noneqwerty:

Do you know that you responded to a post that is 4 years old?

- tbob

Inventor of the WORM Global
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 21
(1,644 Views)
Funny thing, but I was wondering that too 🙂 I'm still around lol
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 21
(1,637 Views)

Hi dear, can you say me please , what is this mean ? Can you explain this case?Thank you.m.png

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 21
(1,182 Views)

That is a number to boolean array.  Basically gives you the bits of the integer as a 1-D array of booleans.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 21
(1,175 Views)

@Nare wrote:

Hi dear, can you say me please , what is this mean ? Can you explain this case?Thank you.

From left to right:

a blue wire coming from the top and a "1" diagram constant. (Datatype of the diagram constant should be U16 instead of I32, though). Both are wired to "scale by power of two", which for unsigned integers is the same as a bit shift. the "1" is one bit set" and it is shifted by the value wired to the top. The resulting value goes into a "number to boolean array", with one boolean for each bit in the original number. The array is wired to an indicator so the value can be seen on the front panel. The array container is resized to show 16 elements.

Each function has a help page, so to get more information, just right-click the function and select "help". Is there anything in the help that is not clear? Do you understand the rest of the code?

Message 16 of 21
(1,162 Views)

thank you very much for more information, I am a junior sorry for more questions, but I don't  understand,why did you use this?m.png

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 21
(1,153 Views)

@Nare wrote:

thank you very much for more information, I am a junior sorry for more questions, but I don't  understand,why did you use this?

Because it performs the correct function required for the task. Do you know what it does? Did you read the help? Did you read what I wrote about it above? What part don't you understand?

In this case, you could replace it with this function, same difference. 😄 (in other cases, e.g. for negative inputs at the bottom, an arithmetic shift is not the same as a bit shift)

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 21
(1,145 Views)

With context help on (click the [?] in the upper-right corner of the VI front panel or block diagram), you can mouse over each of the nodes and get a brief description.  There will also be a "detailed help" link that you can click on to get a more detailed explanation of what it does.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 21
(1,135 Views)

Aah yes I didn't read about this function that boolean array returns an array of  8, 16 , 32 ,64 elements, and SCALE BY POWER OF 2 function supports to get those numbers.YES??l.png

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 21
(1,126 Views)