LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

separate compiled code from source, no effect?

We use SVN for source control of our Labview code. I recently created a VI that goes through our entire labview project and selects the "separate compiled code from source" option on every VI. I thought this would prevent unnecessary requests to save VI's that have been affected by a change to a subvi. However, it has not had any effect. If anything, I believe it's worst. Has anyone else had this experience?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 33
(3,765 Views)

I also changed our repositories to not include compiled code.  Now when we change a type def control we no longer have to resave all the VIs it references.  This is good for source code control because obviously only the files changed get pushed.  Are you saying after making the change to have all VIs seperate compiled code, that the behavior is not the same as I described?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 33
(3,754 Views)

Yes I am. I've selected the check box on each VI to seperate compiled code, and it still asks to save many, many unnecessary files. In fact, I think it's worst.

This is LV 2012, sp1 f5, by the way.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 33
(3,751 Views)

Is it necessary to do a mass compile after the switch? I wouldn't think so, since flipping the switch required me to save each VI at that time.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 33
(3,747 Views)

It's been a while but I believe this was the tool I used:

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-20926

And afterwords I didn't have to mass compile.  I assume because like you said the save will force a recompile anyway.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 33
(3,740 Views)

Thanks, I haven't seen that tool. I made my own. How I got them all converted is probably irrelavent, right? If I go through all my VI's, they all now have the check box enabled. The problem is it isn't acting as advertised after that change was made.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 33
(3,731 Views)

Yeah the method likely doesn't matter, not sure why it isn't working right.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 33
(3,728 Views)

In looking further, many of the VI's it wants to save all use the same enum. I have recently made a change to that enum. I thought this would prevent the save request when something like that happens. Am I not right?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 33
(3,725 Views)

Is the enum (*.ctl) file also set to separate compiled code? Just wondering....

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 33
(3,700 Views)

Yes, the enum is a type def with the "seperate code" option selected.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 33
(3,666 Views)