LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sending an email using smpt palette with cRIO

Hello! I was hoping to get some help with a problem I am encountering. I am trying to use the send email VI (from the smtp palette) on a project that is deployed on a cRIO 9022. I am using labview 2015 sp1. When I input the information in the configure send email dialog box and I click on send trial email, I am able to send and receive the email. So I know that all the fields in that dialog box are correct. However, when I run the VI I get this error 

LabVIEWSMTPClient.lvlib:Send.vi:2280005<APPEND>
<b>Complete call chain:</b>
     LabVIEWSMTPClient.lvlib:Send.vi:2280005
     LabVIEWSMTPClient.lvlib:subSendEmail.vi:1150004
     EmailTest.vi:Instance:0:480001
     EmailTest.vi  
I am not sure what I am missing or what I am doing wrong so any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,720 Views)

Hi, 

Do you think you could post a picture of the error you are seeing? Also, the "Send Test Email" button in the configuration window does not actually run on your RT target. It is a test done on LabVIEW. 

Thanks!

T. Le
Vision Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,676 Views)

Thanks for the reply! I will take a screenshot as soon as I can and attach it. However the error only shows up in the error out indicator, it is not actually an error window. The program is able to run (it doesn't get stopped by an error window), but when it is done the error out indicator contains the text I copied on the previous message. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,648 Views)