From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sending HEX code

I want to send a fixed HEX code without indicating it in front panel. It is just by a switch the hex data is send. The front panel HEX indicator should not be visible. How to do it.?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,682 Views)

You need to be much more specific.

• What is HEX code? (e.g. hexadecimally formatted string consisting of the characters 0..F, binary string, U8 arrays, etc.) 
  • What is "send"? Send to where? What data format does the receiver expect?
  • What does an indicator have to do with all that? An indicator is just a purely cosmetic feature that allows you to see the data in a wire on the front panel formatted in a convenient way. It has no influence of the underlying data in the wire). If you don't need the indicator, just delete it!

It usually helps if you could attach a simplified VI containing typical data in controls as default values.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,667 Views)

You could use a numeric constant (which only appears on the Block Diagram, and whose Display Format you could set as Hexadecimal) or a Numeric Control on the Front Panel that you make "invisible" (by finding the Control on the Block Diagram and choosing the right-click option "Hide Control").

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,647 Views)

@Bob_Schor wrote:

You could use a numeric constant (which only appears on the Block Diagram, and whose Display Format you could set as Hexadecimal) or a Numeric Control on the Front Panel that you make "invisible" (by finding the Control on the Block Diagram and choosing the right-click option "Hide Control").

I thought he was talking about an indicator (data sink). A diagram constant is a replacement for a control (data source). (...of course if the code is peppered with local variables, the distinction is a bit more blurred :D)

I guess we need to wait for more details on what the actual problem is and where the data is coming from. 😉

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,638 Views)