From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

send mail from real time

can i send email from real time (vxworks) cRIO. using smtp vi's.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(2,898 Views)

Hi mazhar.ali,

afaik you can send normal tcp messages over LAN so it should also be possible to send emails.

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(2,881 Views)

thanx

i hav to only use cRIO 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(2,878 Views)

Hi mazhar.ali,

what do you mean? Is your cRIO connected to the LAN? There are some third party modules for gsm.

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(2,864 Views)
yes my cRIO is on LAN
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(2,861 Views)

Hi mazhar.ali,

ok, then i see no problem in sending emails with it.

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(2,858 Views)

sorry first my cRIO is connected via cross cable to my system

now i hav connctd to router via straight cable now i am not accessing my cRIO is there any settings to be changed

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(2,856 Views)

Hi mazhar.ali,

did you change the ip adress of the cRIO? It shoult be something like yours. I think the default adress is 0.0.0.0 and this could be a problem for your router.

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(2,850 Views)
no i hvnt change ip
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(2,841 Views)

Hi Mazhar,

Please look at this discussion forum for more information on using smtp with your cRIO. At this point, as I understand, you are connected using a router on the same subnet. As mikes81 has pointed out you do have to configure the IP settings accordingly.If you set MAX to obtain IP settiings automatically it should populate all the fields by itself. Hope this helps!

Ipshita C.

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(2,798 Views)