From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

selection formula

hi i am using labview 8.2,for report genertaion i am using crystal report . i am using selection formula to display datas from database  in crystal report . i am not able display the odata in ascending order

1. order by sql syntax  is not working

2.  what is the syntax for  displaying datas in ascending order

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,731 Views)

There is barely any information in your message for anyone to be able to help you.

Try attaching your VI.  What exactly do you mean by "selection formula"?  Tell us what you expect and what you are actually getting.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,705 Views)

hi raven thanks for your reply

database name:retro pressure(ms acess 2003)

table name: testdata

cycle no is the field name in the table test data

i want to reterive the data  order by  cycle no (ascending order), and display the data in crystal reports(selection formula is a inbuilt langauge in crystal report to reterive record from database)

or else tell me the way to communicate with crystal report through labview

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,695 Views)

Show us what you've tried so far!

Are you using the Database Connectivity toolkit within LabVIEW?  Are you using some other database tools?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,690 Views)

crystal report 3rd party reporting software.please see the png file

if u dont know leave this question.please help me clear another doubt

7 solonoid are there(7 digital output)

7 push button (7 digital input)

if i select pushbutton 1 then solonoid 1 should get on(push button is not latch type).then if i on pushbutton 6 solonoid 6 should on and the previous solonoid 1

should off.like wise which ever push button i on corresponding solonid should on and the remaining solonoidf should off

push button 1 -> solonoid 1

push button 2 -> solonoid 2

up to

solonid 7

how to write the logic? thanks raven

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,663 Views)

If you want 7 push buttons, but only one on at a time, you should be using radio buttons.

(You're right, I can't help with the Crystal Report software.  Actually, I thought it was only intended for graphing data.  I did not realize it would have database-type functions built into it.)

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,647 Views)

thanks raven for your kind support

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,629 Views)

@indian2013 wrote:

thanks raven for your kind support

You can thank him with Kudos and when applicable accepting his post as the solution.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,608 Views)