LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

select values from an array

I am a beginner labview user,

I am making a case structure that currently has a random number (0-1) numeric wired to the selector terminal.  The case structure is executing true/false events based on that. This is working fine.  My problem is that I want the 0s and 1s to be predetermined. For example, I would want these numbers to be inputted one by one: 1 1 1 1 1 1 0 0 1 1 1 1 1 1. I do not want to manually click/input the numbers using numeric controls.

I used an array to do this but it is giving me an error when i am trying to wire the array to the selector terminal.

Please let me know if you need further clarification.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,757 Views)

Try enclosing the case structure inside a for loop. Wire the array through the border of the loop.  The tunnel will automtically set to auto-indexing.

Also it is generally not a good idea to wire floating point numbers to the selector terminal. Which case would you expect when the value is 3.5? Switch to an integer data type.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,754 Views)

I dont quite understand.  This is a simplified version of what i am trying to do.  But instead of random 0 and 1, I would like chosen 0s and 1s. For example, the sequence 1 1 1 1 1 1 0 0 1 1 1 1 1 1

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,749 Views)

Is there a better method to do this other than an array?  Remember, i do not want to input these numbers.  They need to be hardcoded.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,746 Views)

Array is a good way. If the arrays are large or could change rarely, storing the data in a file which could be read in and then processed might be an alternative.

You could also store the data as booleans directly.

Here is an example to give you a few ideas.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,741 Views)

Thank you!! That helped alot.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,710 Views)