LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

select from a list of items to execute

I have a list of strings that the user can choose wich ones to execute on the front panel.  I'd like to have either boolean buttons or radial buttons that you can click on to select wich strings will execute.  Can I use a boolean to initiate a string?  Or can radial buttons somehow work for this?  Or is there a better solution to this?
...just starting out with LabView.
Thanks!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,818 Views)

What are you using to list the strings? You can use a listbox and an event structure without using any Booleans though you can also have an event for that. The attached example creates the items for a listbox and then you can just double click on an item to select it.

p.s. What is a radial button? Do you mean radio button?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,812 Views)
I am using the strings to pass text into my device under test to perform a test.  I need to be able to pick several strings (tests) to run and deslect items that I do not want to run.  I thought the boolean or radio (oops in my original post) buttons might be a good way to select the tests that I want to run.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,804 Views)
Well, I still think the listbox is a good choice. You can set the selection mode to 0 or 1 item, 1 item, 0 or more items, or 1 or more items. I would have a listobx and a single 'OK' button. Here's a slightly different example form the first I sent.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,798 Views)
I would concur with Dennis. The listbox is the way to go with this one. In the testing we do here at work I had to write a custome Exec Shell, and I used a listbox to allow the engineers to select which tests to run. Works like a charm.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,777 Views)
I'm still not sure how to use the application for what I am doing.  I want the user to preselect all the tests that will run.  Then hit run, the tests will be run 1 at a time until all tests are complete.  I need to get a string out of the list box that has text that goes into another VI that actually runs the test.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,759 Views)
Here's a VI that uses the listbox and the results in three different ways. Personally, I prefer to have a case for each separate test but if you want to create one long string, I show that as well.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,749 Views)